Sunday

INSPIRED BuY...summer weddings

this weekend i was in carlisle, pennsylvania, to celebrate the marriage of my friends, Sarah and Kevin.  The bride looked absolutely stunning and the party was fantastic.  The events this weekend inspired me to write this post about ties - my favorite accessory for men - because weddings are the perfect occasion for a playful/novelty tie.  

i'm really into ties in washed or faded colors, in stripes or solid chambray.  traditional preppy patterns like seersucker stripes, polka dots and gingham checks look fresh in skinny silhouettes and unexpected fabrics.  i also really like unique novelty ties in classic colors (you need to be careful not to go too crazy with novelty ties).  a few years ago skulls were really trendy, and i think the guns, fishbones and the alice in wonderland "drink me" bottle are fun updates to that trend.

check out some of my favorites below:



if you need help choosing a tie to wear to your next event, feel free to shoot me an email at meg@myINSPIREDBuY.com

No comments:

Post a Comment