for my nine-to-five, the dress code is business casual, so on the weekends i like to "dress down". here are some of the recent additions to my weekend wardrobe (and reasons why you should own them too):
1. vintage l.l.bean anorak (snagged this at brooklyn flea)- a great lightweight piece that can also protect you from rain. i love the bold color.
2. faux glasses (urban outfitters)- throw these on when you don't feel like wearing makeup.
3. "saturday" lightweight sweater (jcrew)- great layering piece, so comfy.
4. "hipsters i met and liked" notebook (archie grand)- these notebooks are great, and there's one for everyone.
5. chambray shirt (madewell)- you can wear this shirt with ANYTHING.
6. bota shoes (toms)- so comfy, and with your purchase a child in need will get a pair of shoes, too!
7. striped tank (jcrew)- simple & comfy; a great layering piece (gift from mom)