Sunday

INSPIRED BuY...colorblocking

yesterday, after making a stop at the brooklyn flea in fort greene, i ventured over to smith street in carroll gardens.  my sister (jen), her boyfriend (matt) and i had a lovely brunch at verde during which we were entertained by the bluegrass duo melting point- they were super friendly & got bonus points for playing a john prine tune!  afterwards, i convinced jen & matt to stop in bird boutique with me because the dresses in the window were calling my name.  i spotted the phillip lim sandals pictured below (awesome), which inspired me to write today's post.

i just love how the spring colorblocking trend has translated into footwear!  these shoes can turn a simple, minimalist outfit into a chic, pulled together look.  my two favorite colorblocking combos are: 1- a neutral with a pop color & 2- black with tan.  neutrals & tans offset the harsher colors, creating a classic but laid-back look.

2. born

No comments:

Post a Comment