Tuesday

lucy danziger of boardwalk empire

i've been staying at my parents' house, recuperating from foot surgery since friday, so i've had a bit of quality time with my friend, t.v.  in my busy day-to-day life, I tend to ignore mr. television, but with my sudden plethora of free time, i've been able to pay him some attention.  i often forget about the knowledge and entertainment he can bring me: for instance, the details of the kardashian saga & the classic tale of "the wizard of oz".  this weekend, he introduced me to "boardwalk empire", an hbo series set in atlantic city during the prohibition era.  I was immediately intrigued, mostly due to the beautiful costume design:  the men and women were sharply dressed in 1920s attire, but they all still seemed to exude modern flair.

i have a feeling i'll be posting about/purchasing a number of boardwalk empire inspired items in the upcoming months.  thanks, t.v., for opening my eyes to this lovely show.

faux fur coat- michael kors (via nordstrom); earrings - banana republic
shoes - seychelles (via anthropologie); dress - anthropologie
photo via wwd

No comments:

Post a Comment